TUE - SAT 10a - 6p | 50 North Main Street Gloversville NY 12078
Booth Rental Rates & Information
Booth Assignments and Availability (as of 06/2022)
Booth Rental Rates & Information
Apply to be an AGORA Marketplace Vendor >>HERE<<
Read Important Information About Being a Vendor >>HERE<<
The Agora Market is an artisan and creator marketplace meant to showcase the talents and skills of individual vendors. With this in mind, applications that focus on handmade goods are strongly encouraged. The inclusion of other merchandise will be at the discretion of the Vendor Committee.
We encourage that all work should be your own.
Artisan / Hand Crafted Products MUST Be:
● All fine craft and art media are accepted, including, but not limited to, items using clay, fiber, glass, leather, metal, paper, soap, or wood, as well as painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, clothing, jewelry, accessories, weaving, pottery, carvings, reclaimed furniture, new custom build furniture, woodworking, illustration, mixed media works and fresh floral and dried flower arrangements in which all components are grown locally or by the Artisan.
● Sewing or crafting using fabric or other materials of limited copyright and or trademark characters is at the risk of the Artist.
● Work must be original.
● Limited edition prints must be signed by the artist and numbered. Products printed with the artist’s artwork are permitted and does not need to be signed.
● Unacceptable art products include: “kit” or “assembly line” craft projects; purchased retail items; purchased pieces or bulk/mass imports, commercially produced kits, molds, or imports.
● Artwork will be displayed at the Artisan’s own risk.
Vintage / Antique Guidelines:
We are dedicated to providing good quality vintage finds, antiques, and collectibles. We have developed these guidelines as a means of meeting our shared goal of achieving a high level of sales and customer interest.
● Items of the flea market, garage sale, or knick-knack nature that have no collector interest, can be currently purchased at gift shops or department stores, or are currently manufactured as “collectors' items” are unsuitable for sale. Reproductions MUST be plainly labeled as such. No counterfeit, bootleg, or ’knock-off’ items allowed.
● All merchandise is to be "booth/case ready." "Ready" is defined as items that are clean and visually attractive. All primitives should be clean and free of wood-boring insects.
● Any item that has a defect that would affect its value must be noted on the tag description. Either a specific description of the defect should be provided or the item should be marked "as is." Mechanical or electrical items that do not operate properly must be so noted. Modifications or alterations to furniture or other items should be noted on the tag description (the back of the tag may be used).
● Please do not expect mall employees to 'demo' or 'work' items in your booth(s). Showing customers how to operate a Victrola or spinning wheel, counting parts of a game or puzzle to verify completeness, etc. are time-consuming tasks and we just don't have the time to dedicate to those. If the item has numerous parts, verify that all are there and note it on the sales tag. Also, note what pieces/parts may be missing. If operating instructions are needed, print them out on a card and provide the customer with it so that they may verify the operation of the item prior to purchase.
● THIS IS NOT A THRIFT MALL !! If thrift items (shoes, DVDs, etc) are found in your booth, they will be immediately removed from the floor. Vintage items will be allowed such as higher-end vintage clothing, vinyl, properly staged small items, etc.
Agora Market LLC's management reserves the right at any time to prohibit certain additional items from being sold, traded, or given away and to deny any vendor the right to sell. We reserve the right to refuse any merchandise we feel is inappropriate.
Sale of the following items are prohibited: handguns; drug paraphernalia; adult (x-rated) merchandise/material of any kind; alcohol; fireworks; explosives; illegal, copied, or stolen items.
Fixtures or items used to display merchandise only may be tagged “NFS” (Not For Sale) unless they too are for sale. Fixtures only used for displaying smaller items may not exceed 5.5' in height. Fixtures or furniture taller than 5.5' in height may be used to display smaller merchandise providing they too are for sale and are fairly priced.